GUIDELINES FOR PHASE 2
The application and judging process consists of 2 phases:
Phase 2, is the final stage of the competition and has very specific requirements.
Only the three successful semi-finalists will participate in this stage.
1. Plaster Models - Semi-finalists must submit a pair of plaster models (the obverse and reverse sides)
based on their designs selected in Phase 1.
2. About the Models - The plaster models should be engraved or modeled designs on a plaster base.
These models should be between 6 inches and 9 inches in diameter.
3. Third Party Assistance – Phase 2 designers may have third persons make the plaster model
of their design at their own expense.
4. Artist’s Initials - The initials of both the designer [and the sculptor, if utilized] should be included on the plaster model.
5. Hard Copies of the Design - Hard Copies of semi-finalist designs must be available for exhibition when requested.
6. Submitting the Plaster Models - Plaster models must be received by December 1, 2019. Please send models to:
Gloucester Celebrations Corporation
Post Office Box 603
Gloucester, MA 01930
7. Rights Transfer Agreement - Designs must be accompanied by a completed and signed Rights Transfer Agreement that will be provided to artists by GCC with their Phase 2 invitation.
NOTE: The three semi-finalists will also be notified of further details on their selection to Phase 2.